Last Monday we finished our three game series with Dinamo the Romanian team from Bucharest. We won the second of the three matches and finished on Monday with our best performance in a five game loss. Yes a bummer to lose, but a relief to see that we can play at a high level and come together as a team despite the differences in our backgrounds.


Bright and early on Tuesday morning we headed back to our gym in Florange to practice and on our way Regan and I saw some animals on the side of the road…circus animals. A zebra, three camels, a few donkeys (that resemble my dogs at home Timber and Gideon), a pony, a bull, and few caged tigers were all in a small park in a very public area, for anyone to walk up and pet or take pictures with, which is exactly what we did…
Tomorrow we’re leaving France and heading east to Switzerland. VC Kanti (my team from last season) is hosting a tournament and we are one of four teams participating. I’m super excited to see a great friend of mine, Karen and laugh with her about all our old memories in Schaffhausen, our teammates, and every other goofy thing we can think of. She and I bonding very quickly last season when we realized we both were very out of our element and had a common ground between us. We became fast friends and have kept in touch since our departure; the reunion will be another made memory for sure, Aida, wish you were there!!

Back at home it seems that the halls are echoing…Jon and Jan +2 have headed back to Cali and mom loves the dogs again. I miss them all like crazy but I continue to look for strength as I continue on my journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment