17 days left in the season and its coming to a bitter sweet ending. Last Saturday I went down in the second set against Evreux all on my own :( I was taken in Southern French fashion (slowly) to the hospital and left with a temporary cast (only 3 days thank God) on my left foot, bummer. The pain was like nothing I've ever felt in my life and the swelling on my ankle was like a golf ball had sprouted up on my foot within 30 seconds of the incident. Needless to say, at the hospital I was given a nice injection of pain medication in my bum and a aint-inflammatory in my right abdomen (which was almost as equally painful as the throbbing in my ankle) and sent home.


An incredible coincidence of this accident, was that it was Easter weekend, meaning that no doctors would be working until Tuesday morning, great... So I was given some pain medication, a pair of crutches, a sent home to fend for myself for two whole days (MOMMMMMMM!!!!!). On Tuesday I found out that I have a torn tendon on the exterior of my ankle. My sweet dreams of the Lanvin stilettos ( here->lanvin2.jpg) have been CRUSHED by the beautiful new Ugg-like boot from the doc. The doctor said I should be back in action in around three weeks (one week too late to play the last week of playoffs), but of course my coach has demanded my appearance in the weight room tomorrow to work on arms and abs; take note, I still cannot walk crutch free, even with my boot. But I will endure! We'll see how it goes...

Other than that I'm very much looking forward to the future, good things are to coming in the next few weeks and I really have that to look forward to. So here's to staying positive, cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment