Friday, October 1, 2010

la...la...la...laaaaa



For as long as I can remember music has been in my life. I can close my eyes and see my mother in the kitchen, with music playing, singing (off key granted) "l.a..la..la.la..la..doo..doo.doooooh, ahh...ahhh.aahhhhhh!!!!" Or remember being dragged to one of my sister's madrigals concerts over the 6 or 7 years she sung in the choir in school "shut de do, keep out the devil, light the candle, everything is alright." Music has so much power or I guess the power you give it. It can spark a memory or change a mood with just a few notes.

When I see people walking around with headphones in their ears I ALWAYS wonder what they're listening to; I wish I could stop everyone and ask. As for me, I find a good song and listen to it until I find a new one, I have clear evidence of this when I look at my iTunes library play count and see a song with 50+ plays cause I had it on repeat while I sat on a train and stared out the window, just because of the way it made me feel. The song I currently die for is "My Love" by Sia. First of all I love Sia and secondly the song gives me goose bumps and the lyrics make me a little giddy inside cause I know one day I'm going to have this. Here's a video I found, which is nothing official but pretty and includes the lyrics, glad to share.

No comments: