Wednesday, November 24, 2010

i write...i travel..i eat...and I'm hungry for more

If you went through any of the dvr's own by my family members (there are 4, a bit excessive I know) this summer you would find multiple episodes of of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations. Ooh Tony, my hero.



Anthony Bourdain is an American chef, writer, traveler and tv...lets just say hero. Tony, (yes, I've spent enough time with him that I can call him Tony) has dropped his gig as a chef to travel around the world for this tv show and pretty much eat. He different from all other "travel shows" cause he's cool. He says when the food is not so good, he's funny, he's always got a beer in hand, and is not afraid to look like a complete idiot while fishing, getting a Turkish massage, or spending Halloween in Dracula's castle in Romania.

He's traveled everywhere from Dubai, to Vegas, to Rome, Tokyo and Uruguay, always with a local companion eating at the best, not the most expensive, or the trendiest, or the most modern, just the best tasting restaurants (or shacks) in each place he visits. Like I said MY HERO. Now, let me explain a little fact to you all, I am a pescaterian, i don't eat meat, but I do still eat seafood. I have absolutely nothing against meat, I didn't stop eating meat for any particular reason pertaining to the taste or an animal rights purpose, i just stopped. Sometimes the smell of meat completely turns me on and other times it makes me completely nauseous, what can you do, c'est la vie. With that being said, sitting on the couch, for countless hours watch Tony suck juicy bone marrow, or have beef that's been cooked all day underground melt in his mouth really makes me happy. I get to live all my carnivorous desires out through "my friend in my head" Tony Bourdain, so, thanks Mr. Bourdain and keep doing it!


No comments: