Tuesday, August 9, 2011

SATC moment...




Last April I spent 10 days in Switzerland with one of my best friends Aida, in Schaffhausen, Bern, and Lausanne, it was a blast. We spent a night in Bern and then drove to Lausanne to stay with Aida's two sisters. After the partying was done and it was time to pack up and leave, I went to put my necklace on. I usually keep my jewelry in the same place when I take it off, a little WSU case that was a gift from them when i decided to sign to play there in college (kind of my first symbol of independence), but my necklace wasn't there. So I looked everywhere, all over the apartment, all through my packed bag...nothing. And then I got emotional, it wasn't anything expensive, it wasn't diamonds, or anything grand, just my silver Tiffany necklace with a little silver charm that my college boyfriend gave me, a Longhorn, simple, but, to me it symbolized my time at Texas and my achievements during my time there. I know..I know...I put a lot of importance on things, but to me it's the little things like that that have special meanings that mean the most.

Last night we came home from New York City and I had a ton of change that I could hear in my bag (no it wasn't Dior) but I couldn't feel, so I finally stuck my hand in the tiny hole in the small pocket and bam! About two bucks in change and.....MY NECKLACE!!! I almost cried! I thought about that moment that Carrie is calling Miranda at home in New York from the phone booth in Paris telling her about the Carrie necklace and then I laughed at myself.


see nothing special purse fuzz and all, but I love it

No comments: