
Since I saw the news headline yesterday, his voice has been playing over and over in my head "6'3...don't tell me you're nervous...don't be nervous." He always called me "Six-three" (cause thats how tall I am). That was what he said to me as we sat outside his his house in the car, where his parents were waiting to meet me. I was only 19, I had never met a guys parents, what was I doing? But JC took my hand and let me know it was ok, so I took and breath and we went inside.
He was the first guy to tell me he loved me, but I didn't know what that meant, I was so young and he was really the first person outside of my family, that I would have done anything for. So when I read yesterday that his NFL career was being put on hold because of a brain tumor found during a physical, I was emotional. Life moves forward and people lose touch, but you never forget your first (dare I say it)...love. My heart is so heavy as he heads in to surgery today, so please please, remember not to take a second of this life for granted, you never know when a moment will come that changes everything. Pray for him...please.
No comments:
Post a Comment