Thursday, March 22, 2012

no looking back

So as usual when I post something new, so much time has flown by. It's already the end of March, the beginning of play offs, the end of the season, and the beginning of Spring. I'm super excited about going after the German title with my team, it's been a tremendously long season, with many highs and a few lows. But this is what we've worked for all season and after a lose in the German Cup Finals, a Bundesliga Champion is something I really really want to be.I've officially been away from the US for five months and away from home for eight, it's insane. This journey has been incredible and is far from over.

Myrthe and I at the Gala the night before the Cup Final



being our ridiculous selves and having a great time



i've never experienced anything like the fan support we have here, check out all that RED!



just us and 10, 200 of our closest friends


My friends came to visit from Switzerland and I finally got the chance to do a few really touristy things in Germany. We visited the Hofbrauhaus in Munich, climbed 300 stairs at St. Peters Platz to see the whole city, saw a battle of the bands at the Hard Rock Cafe (only since Aida'd never been to one before) and had some yummy obatzter and bretzels.


the center of Munich from St Peter's Platz 300 stairs high




Aida and Sandra at the Hofbrauhaus




Leila, Aida and I



me and the old married lady, Leila :)


Mona's ant work for BMW, so she was ecstatic when I showed a little interest in touring the factory and took, Marc, Mona and I all on a half day tour of the FIZ and the actual factory. FIZ is the Research and Innovation center, with understandably pretty tight security, the first stop on our tour where we got to see where a lot of the brains behind BMW design spend their days. In the afternoon we headed over to the factory to take an official English tour, with a real tour group (headsets and all), to see the actual labor of putting the cars together. It was pretty interesting to see that machines are doing 97% of the work there and even harder to imagine a time when it was all man work. All and all pretty cool.


motorcycle trickster


we rock :)

Maximum 4 games left of the 2011/2012 season. 4 games to win it all. 4 games to be a champion...


No comments: