Sunday, October 5, 2008

crusin'

So I’ve been in Europe for about 6 weeks now and sometimes it takes as little as a train ride to make me realize how fortunate I am. This past weekend was our last off weekend pretty much until our Christmas vacation time and I chose to spend my last weekend in Switzerland (where else, right?). From Thionville I took a four and a half hour train to Zürich and then from Zürich about 40 minutes of travel. If you’ve never, I strongly recommend taking trains around Europe during your lifetime, it’s opportunity to see so much. The journey through France is filled with vineyards and lush greenery and through Switzerland tons of cows and a variety of crops. To sit with my iPod listening and repeating my French lessons for the day and just taking it all in is for me an indescribable peace.


Needless to say I had an amazing vaca, but am excited to be back in good ole Terville. Our first official match is this Saturday in Paris and I’m overwhelmingly anxious, firstly for our first official match and secondly to be going to Paris. I fall deeply into the category of American’s with that over-romanticized image of Europe and Paris is the one city that I’ve always wanted to visit and now I’m getting the chance, I’m such a lucky girl…


peace

No comments: